A limiting belief was that one time we all believed the world was flat and if we sailed out to the horizon we would drop off into the abyss.
Thankfully one man; good old Magellan was courageous enough to not listen, to dream and allow his dreams to become his reality, he set sail and came back years later with tales of a brave new world, with new bounty and worldly goods…from that day forward we set out to map the globe for it was no longer flat and it no longer ended at the same end where our vision failed us.
So today I ask you, is your world still flat?
No matter how far we have come from the cave, we fall very near at times. We can put man in space, we can cure and prevent epidemics, and we holiday in faraway lands, travelling the globe in a relative blink of an eye compared to Magellan’s days.
So why do we still allow our worlds to be flat? Why do we limit ourselves to our present horizon?
Is it fear of the unknown? Is it fear of failing? Is it safety in the comfort of what we know?
Whatever it is, the one fact will remain, as with everything in life. If you are not growing, then you are dying.
Standing still…settling…getting by…avoiding…doing my bit…procrastination…
If they are words that come into your limiting belief structure…Do you know what? You can keep them! I don’t want them.
So we have a new year, a time to reflect on the past and more importantly plan for the future. Here is my challenge to you for 2012.
Consider it was your last 52 weeks. You can choose to keep your horizons as they are or you can push yourself for more and guess what…this is the easy bit. It starts without you having to leave the house. Without having to get on the treadmill or even get on the scales.
1) It requires a little quiet time. (Turn the TV off and shut out the white noise)
2) Close your eyes (no one will look at you and laugh, even if they did you have your eyes close so you wouldn’t know, unless you are peeking!)Keep them closed for next few bits (obviously read the bits first)
3) Breath (no not the necessary breathing to exist, I mean the true breathing that centres your very core. Deep breathing, in through the nose, out through the mouth. Feel every one, take your time until you only hear your breathing
4) Allow your mind to wander to things you want to achieve in your life. Places you would like to go, people you would like to see, achievement you want to accomplish
5) When one grabs you and you start to smile, begin to focus your thoughts on that one thing. Ask yourself where you are? When you are experiencing it, is it day or night? Is it summer or winter? Who are you with? What can you hear? What can you see? How does it feel?
6) As you answer these and other questions that pop into your head, notice how you feel at that point. Remember that feeling. Remember what it is you saw/heard/felt
7) Breathing again and slowly open your eyes.
8) Allow yourself a few minutes to gain your bearings and take a pen and paper
9) Put the pen to the paper and hold it there till you start to write or draw what you experienced.
10) Pin it up somewhere that you see it daily. Read it daily. Better still, breath and repeat the exercise daily.
Believe me…your world will NEVER be flat again.
The world is not out there! That’s just the matter we walk on. The world exists in you. Your world exists in you. You cannot achieve something until you can perceive it and believe it.
Make the next 52 weeks awesome for you. When you are in your optimum state, you are far better off at helping others achieve theirs.
Now that is worth thinking about!
Applying You – You; Simply Better